Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Dickey Betts 3/10/05 HOB Cleveland

Hey Y'all,

Sorry I have been out of touch with everyone but my life became a
living hell last Sunday, 2/27. I ran an audit on my General Manager at the
harness track in Cleveland. What I found was not good. I had to fire
him. Unfortunately, I am now running this account. we operate the
concessions and a 1000 seat clubhouse dining room. I work from 9:00 am until
1:00 am everyday until I can find a manager, have him interview with my
clients, and get him trained. I had a plane ticket to be home for the
moe shows, as the Smith's show was my birthday. It has been a huge grind
and life is not pleasant. Last night after work I got a much needed
break. My buddy Tim called me yesterday and said Smitty had a couple of
comp tickets for Dickey Betts at the House of Blues in Cleveland. I left
work and got to Smitty and Nikki's. He gave me a ticket and got my head
in order. I walked into the House of Blues at 8:35. I hit the "section"
and powered up my deck. I looked to my left and Mike grabbed my digi
cable and plugged into his V3. Two minutes later we were rolling as
Dickey hit the stage to the opening notes of High Falls! Timing is
everything. I stood up and looked at the tapers, the usual suspects, Jesse,
Mike, and Matt. It is a small world, imagine running into people I know at
a show! Suddenly, work was a distant memory! Although there is no Help
on the Way for work, I did get a Franklin's Tower>Blue Sky!

It was fun hangin' with Tim, Bradley, Smitty, Nikki, and the taping
crew! I enjoyed the first set better than the 2nd set. Seeing the
Elizabeth Reed in the set was awesome. I actually listened to an 8/71 version
on the way to the show. There were 3 songs in the middle of the 2nd that
dragged a bit. I have no idea why Dickey had the keyboardist sing No
One Left to Run With? And he screwed up the first verse. He has added a
female vocalist who was more of a cheerleader than anything. She did
sing the lead on Bring it to Me. The Jessica closer is always sweet to
here. Interesting seeing Dickey do Statesboro. Dangerous Dan probably
took about 40% of the leads. He and Dickey played some nice dual leads
reminiscent of the old Brothers days. Since I can't make the Beacon run
this year for the first time in years, this helped ease my loss. Here is
how it went down:

Dickey Betts
House of Blues
Cleveland, Ohio
3/10/2005

8:37

HIGH FALLS 13:56
AS LONG AS I SPEND MY TIME WITH YOU 6:45
STATESBORO BLUES 6:04
CHANGE MY WAY OF LIVIN' 7:21
SWEET CORDILIA 7:16
FRANKLIN'S TOWER> 1:50
BLUE SKY 8:30
COME INTO MY KITCHEN 7:00
ELIZABETH REED> 13:29
DRUM SOLO> 3:20
BASS/DRUMS> :40
THIRD STONE JAM> 1:07
ELIZABETH REED :35

9:54 (1:18:10)

10:23

BAND INTROS :50
BACK WHERE IT ALL BEGAN> 14:52
SOUTHBOUND 10:27
LOVERMAN 5:50
BRING IT TO ME
MY GETAWAY> 7:05
SEVEN TURNS 5:58
NO ONE LEFT TO RUN WITH> 5:21
JESSICA 9:11

11:31 (2:27:03)

11:34

RAMBLIN' MAN 6:00

11:40 (2:33:20)

AKG 480>LUNATEC V3>DAP1 48K
SOB/DRFC/KFC

Late,
Z-Man

The song times are not exact as I have yet to burn the discs on my
laptop.
HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY TO DRIDER!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home