Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Gov't Mule/TLG Cincinnati 12/3/2005

Gov't Mule/TLG Cincinnati 12/3/2005
>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> Trying to get some reviews going as I am starting to get back about half of my list. It seems to take forever, didn't realize how much work it is. I hope to post a random show every now and then, sorry for the delay. Post Thanksgiving and time for some Mule! My whole theory on Thanksgiving is the Pilgrims should have shot a mule instead of a turkey. That way everyone can get a piece of ass on Thanksgiving! I made the drive down with my cohort (and bad influence) Tim. He scored the killer seats when they went on sale. We got there early and got to hang with my brother Innis on the bus. I was psyched to see both bands! I was to meet Pete and run up front, team Schoeps. I ran with Jeff for TLG as they came on early. It was nice meeting him and his beautiful girlfriend Adriene!
>
> Tea Leaf Green opened up with a nice little set. They played my favorite In the Garden Pt. III, the song that really hooked me on those guys. The Incandescent Devil with Warren smoked! The Gasaholic set closer was also another favorite.
>
> Pete got to the theatre and we swapped seats like a chess match as he was in the row in front of me to the side. Pete Delgado was in the house and the next thing you know, we are DFC! Thanks Pete! Also got to see Dan and Michelle! The Mule wasted no time as they made a statement with a Thorazine opener. I rarely get to see Painted Silver Light. The Beautifully Brokens I have seen as of late, do not segue with the When Doves Cry. I loved the Monkey Hill>She's So Heavy! Soulshine is what it is.
>
> The second set opened with 3 of the newer tunes. Then, my treat of the evening! Warren covered Jerry's That's What Love Will Make You Do! Not only covered it, but killed it along with some help from Trevor and Josh! That was worth the price of admission. It didn't hurt to see the Towering Fool or Mule either. Next big surprise was having Peter Frampton join in the frey. I was waiting for some "Pie" such as 30 Days in the Hole. Instead we got a great rendition of the Ray Charles tune, I Believe, and a nice Born Under a Bad Sign! And let me tell you, Frampton came to play! He tore up a couple of nice leads.
>
> After the show, Innis hooked us up and we went downstairs to party. Got to hang with Steve "Pineapple" and the TLG Boys, as well as with the Mule. After a bit, we had to drag ourselves out as we had what I thought was a 3 1/2 hour drive back to Toledo. We got an hour norht to Dayton and hit an ice storm, freezing rain, ouch. Stopped for Waffle House. Another hour later and it was snowing so hard and heavy, you couldn't see more than 20 yards in front of you! Finally got in at about 5:45 a.m. Maybe I am getting too old for this! Anyway, here is how it went down:
>
>
> Tea Leaf Green
> Taft Theatre
> Cincinnati, Ohio
> 12/3/2005
>
> 6:52
>
> If It Wasn't for the Money 4:02
> Kali-Yuga 7:07
> These Two Chairs 4:17
> Little Hood 3:44
> No Blanket 3:56
> The Garden (Part III) 4:11
> 5000 Acres 6:30
> *Incandescent Devil (with Norwegian Wood tease)7:12
> Gasaholic 9:51
>
> 7:43 (51:30)
> *With Warren Haynes
> ADK SC-T>Edirol UA5>DAP1
>
>
> Gov't Mule
> Taft Theatre
> Cincinnati, Ohio
> 12/3/2005
>
> 8:19
>
> Thorazine Shuffle 10:45
> Painted Silver Light> 7:15
> Thelonius Beck 6:22
> Beautifully Broken> 6:53
> Larger Than Life> 6:51
> King's Highway 6:41
> Monkey Hill > 4:55
> She's So Heavy> 6:56
> Soulshine 7:45
>
> 9:21 (1:02:23)
>
> 9:40
>
> Perfect Shelter 4:50
> Mr. Man 4:18
> Bad Man Walking 4:18
> *#That's What Love Will Make You Do> 12:19
> Drums> 6:35
> Towering Fool 6:24
> I'll Be The One> 8:34
> Mule > 6:01
> I've Been Working > 6:03
> Mule Reprise 1:38
>
> 10:41 (2:03:40)
>
> 10:43
>
> Encore:
> @I Believe To My Soul 10:20
> @Born Under A Bad Sign 12:03
>
> 11:03 (2:26:42)
>
> *with Trevor Garrod
> #with Josh Clark
> @with Peter Frampton
>
> Schoeps MK4>Lunatec V3>DAP1
> FOB/DFC/KFC/ZFC 11th Row!
>
> Today's featured humor:
>
> The Perfume Story
>
>
>
> Three women get on an elevator, two are young attractive women the third
> and older woman. As they ride to their destinations, one of the young
> one ask the other, what perfume are you wearing, smells nice, she
> answers, Channel No 5 $600 1/2 ounce, she says back, yours smell nice
> also, what is it, she answers Chantilly, $ 400 1/4 ounce. By now the
> old lady is getting annoyed and decides to get to them. Her floor comes
> first and as the door opens she turns around and farts...looks back at
> the young ladies and says...broccoli, 49 cents a pound!

And finally, CONGRATS TO WILLIAM AND CYNTHIA ON THE NEW BABY!!!!!!
>
> Late,
> Z-Man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home