Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Subdudes Ann Arbor 4/11/2006

>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> I flew back from Vegas and got into Detroit early am Monday. I hopped in my Jeep and headed down to Findlay as I had a catering for the Board of Trustees luncheon. After they ate a delicious honey/dijon/garlic pork tenderloin, steamed asparagus, au gratin potatoes, and fresh baked biscuits with strawberries and whipped cream, I zipped up to a catering meeting in Toledo. After that, I stopped into the corporate office for about 2 hours. At about 4:39, I headed out as i had not slept in 2 days. I remembered that the Subdudes were at the Ark, so I called Jeff. He said I would need to hussle as it sold out over a month ago. I suppose not having seen a show in 90 hours, was a good reason to try my luck. I stopped at Whole Foods for some Chipolte Brisket and Eggplant Parmesan. I ate as I drove and found a spot at 7:15. I walked to the Ark, found a ticket in about 1 1/2 minutes near the front of the line. After chewing the fat for about 5 minutes, I cut in line there. I had to as the line was too long to wait. It also assured me of a decent spot to tape from.
>
> I was correct as I ended up in the sixth row. As I put up the mics, a worker asked me about permission to tape. I told her that Jeff had been in contact with the band, etc. She finally left me alone. Two minutes later, in came Jeff and Ruth, along with Brian. They wet up shop about 12 feet to my right. After a couple of Ark announcements, the boys took the stage. The crowd was energized! I just love seeing shows here as the sight lines and sound are always excellent. They played 1 long set. They did mix in some new songs along with some old standards. They came out of the gate with a nice Light in Your Eye. The Social and Pleasure Club, and Mississippi Home are 2 new ones I enjoyed. Another new one Let's Play, had Steve step away from his percussion duties to do some yoyo tricks during the song including walk the dog and around the world. I remember way back when I was able to do that with my good old Duncan! They closed out with a strong Love is a Beautiful Thing. They walked out in the middle of the crowd for the acoustic experience. They were about 6 feet away from me for the first song of the encore. They then went to the other side of the crowd for one. I had to reposition the mics. The last song found the boys on stage. A very fun, and relatively early evening. I even stopped at the NY Pizza Depot, where I got a slice of one of my favorites, stuffed eggplant with Ricotta cheese! It was gone by the time I hit I 94. Great seeing Brian, Jeff and Ruth! Where was Tom T? Here is how it went down:
>
> The Subdudes
> The Ark'
> Ann Arbor, Michigan
> 4/11/2006
>
> 8:17
>
> ARK PROMOS AND INTRODUCTION 4:20
> LIGHT IN YOUR EYES 7:46
> ? 6:47
> MISRY COMES KNOCKIN', DON'T LET IT IN 3:25
> IF YOU EVER NEED SOMEBODY 4:27
> SOCIAL AND PLEASURE CLUB 4:50
> YOUR HOME IS RIGHT HERE NEXT TO ME 6:48
> YOU'VE GOT TO HELP ME NOW 5:49
> I'VE GOT ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD 6:24
> ?> 3:14
> DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE> 1:54
> ? 2:20
> CORINNA 7:16
> MISSISSIPPI HOME 6:06
> ? 8:30
> BAND INTRODUCTIONS> 1:06
> WHY DOES ANYBODY DO 5:26
> TOM TELLS A STORY 2:14
> LET'S PLAY 8:38
> LOVE IS A BEAUTIFUL THING 7:28
>
> 10:04
>
> 10:08
>
> *THE RAIN KEEPS FALLING DOWN
> *I'VE BEEN LONELY
> ALRIGHT, BYE BYE
>
> 10:25
>
> *THE BAND GOES INTO THE CROWD AND PLAYS ACOUSTICALLY
>
> SCHOEPS MK4'S>CMC6>SOUND DEVICES 722 24-96
> FOB/DLRC/KFC/ZFC 6TH ROW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home