Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Black Crowes Atlanta 5/8/2005

Black Crowes Atlanta 5/8/2005
>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> I did not know if I had any gas left in the old tank after the past weekend, as Panic tour is now over. I recharged the batteries, mine and the Eco-Charge, and headed down to the Tabby to meet Sam and Diana. The show was not sold out and I found a ducat out front for a paltry $10.00. The opener was 22-Twenties. They played a bluesy rock set, nothing to set the world on fire. The Crowes came out after 9:00 and they sounded better than I expected. The Tabby did not, as it was muddy as usual. I have never seen that many seats upstairs reserved for VIP. I found the ever-present Sloan at the front of the board as he tried to capture the sound as well as possible. What would the community do without him, as he catches oh so many shows! It seemed that there was far less smoke than usual, fine by me as my eyes had enough from the weekend.
>
> I have to admit, I have not seen these guys since they opened for the Dead in Tampa, 4/7/95. We were treated to several of their big hits. All in all, a very good show. Marc Ford can play the guitar. Chris sounded as strong as usual, man does he have pipes. I liked the addition of the 2 backup female singers, who were present on most of the tunes. You did not hear a great deal of keyboards in the mix unless there was a solo. The candle lights were a nice touch. Always fun hangin' with Sam, Di, Jessica, and Sloan. We got glimpses of the upper echelon (the Fox Bros and Brut), in the VIP section. That kick ass BBQ can open doors! Where in the world was Carrington and Chris Campbell?Anyways, here is how it went down:
>
>
> The Black Crowes
> The Tabernacle
> Atlanta, Georgia
> 5/8/2005
>
> 9:21
>
> Don't Do It 5:18
> Stare It Cold 6:15
> Go Tell The Congregation 3:59
> Jealous Again 5:17
> Seeing Things 8:00
> My Morning Song 15:52
> Girl From A Pawnshop 5:10
> Space Captain 7:19
> High Head Blues
> Wiser Time 7:02
> How Much For Your Wings? 8:44
> Young Man, Old Man 6:25
> Twice As Hard 5:10
> No Speak No Slave 5:07
>
> 10:58 (1:37:56)
>
> 11:02
>
> She Talks To Angels 6:55
> Shake Your Moneymaker 5:33
>
> 11:14 (1:50:43)
>
> Neumann KM184>Lunatec V2>Nomad>DAP1 48K
>
> Interesting piece of history, where were you 28 years ago? I was with Mark, Eli, Charlie, and Laurie at Barton Hall, Cornell University! Thanks for the history lesson Mark! And it was also a Mother's Day Sunday way back then as well! Back to the house with Sam and Diana as it was time to fly the next morning.
>
> Late,
> Z-Man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home