Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Allman Brothers Band Toledo 7-6-2005


Allman Brothers Band Toledo 7-6-2005
>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> I knew I would be in Toledo working the Jamie Farr, so I bought my ABB tickets the hour they went on sale. I pulled a pair in the 13th row. My buddy Levi came in from Cleveland. The Stranahan only seats about 2500. The sound is very good. I taped the Larry the Cable Guy show there last year and most of you have enjoyed it. We got there at about 6:40 for a 7:30 show. They did not open doors til 7:05. We took our seats and set up. I was definately not the oldest in attendance BC, Nate, and Jeff! The ushers are mostly ancient and I think every one of them asked if we were allowed to have our equipment. The Bros took the stage at 7:42. It was the second show of the tour.
>
> The first set was pretty standard. Hardly anyone was standing! I truly enjoyed the Guilded. The Soulshine always gets the crowd going. The set ender was the newer instrumental Egypt. It was a nice roller coaster ride. After the set, I went down to the front row to chew the fat with Dan and Michelle. They showed me the set list and on it, they were supposed to play revival in the middle of the set. It clocked in at over an hour. It was a bit on the sluggish, bluesy side. The crowd needed to get up.
>
> The second set started kind of slow as well. And then, Warren grabbed a hold of us. A killer Woman Accross the River! Probably my favorite song of the night. The rest of the set was money. Always great to see a Mountain Jam. Statesboro in the middle of the second set was different. I had a very good time and started to feel the effects from going to work at 4:30 3 days in a row and working late. The tapes sound great, a tad bottom heavy. I chatted with Slim, their soundman on the way out. He enjoys working with Innis on Mule tour. Go Innis! Everyone at the Greek, have a blast! Here is how it went down:
>
> Allman Brothers Band
> Stranahan Theatre
> Toledo, Ohio
> 7/8/2005
>
> 7:42
>
> DON'T WANT YOU NO MORE> 5:13
> NOT MY CROSS TO BEAR> 5:12
> TROUBLE NO MORE 4:05
> EVERY HUNGRY WOMAN 7:32
> 44 BLUES> 11:53
> GUILDED SPLINTERS 6:24
> DONE SOMEBODY WRONG 4:00
> SOULSHINE 8:14
> EGYPT 14:
>
> 8:48 (1:08:16)
>
> 9:13
>
> WASTED WORDS 8:30
> OLD BEFORE MY TIME> 6:02
> FIRING LINE 7:00
> WOMAN ACCROSS THE RIVER 11:33
> *MELISSA 6:52
> STATESBORO BLUES> 5:22
> MOUNTAIN JAM(with Birdland Tease)> 14:11
> DRUM SOLO> 4:56
> JAM> 7:32
> MOUNTAIN JAM
>
> 10:26 (2:22:42)
>
> 10:29
>
> SOUTHBOUND
>
> 10:37 (2:32:15)
>
> *Gregg on Acoustic Guitar, no Derek
>
> Neumann TLM170's(card)> V2> Apogee MiniMe>
> DA-P1 FOB/DFLC/KFC/ZFC
>
> Late,
> Z-Man
>
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home