Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Simplicity Toledo 7-2-2005

Simplicity Toledo 7-2-2005
>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> I checked out the local entertainment in Toledo as I am working here for the upcoming Jamie Farr LPGA Golf Tournament. I saw Simplicity on the schedule at the Village Idiot Saturday night! Can't be at the Gorge so The Village Idiot, here I come. After a long day of work getting ready for the golf tournament, I clean up, change, and head over to the venue at 10:15. The guys were surprised as I haven't seen them since late last fall. B Moore was handling the board, so I quicly set up my DAP1 and laptop inabout 5 minutes as they took the stage. Good seeing our venue owner, Nikki! Boss Man was present as well. I hung with Matt, B Moore, and Chris all night by the board.
>
> The first set was a bit on the short side, but included some of my personal favorites, Drivin' to Absolution and Life After Life. A couple of nice covers of Wilco, Ween, and even Elvis! I saw my first Echo. The second set was full of surprises and rarely played nuggets. I actually requested the blues standard done by none other than "Old Slowhand", Someday After a While during set break. I told them that they can really play the Blues! I haven't heard Sure Fire Scheme in a long time. B Moore informed me it has been about a year in the waiting since the last one. The 2nd set stretched out over 1 1/2 hours. After the show, I thanked the boys and headed to my room for a 4 hour nap before I had to go to work. I wspoke to Zee and Jeff from the Gorge as they filled me in on the Panic show. I told Jeff Frank that the encore did not do much for me. The Come Together pulled out the first 2 songs. His remark was that Old Joe was a beautifal Ballad, similar to Jerry singing Stella Blue. Jeff, lay off the margaritas and crack! Here is how it went down:
>
> Simplicity
> Village Idiot
> MAumee, Ohio
> 7/2/2005
>
> 10:39
>
> DRIVIN' TO ABSOLUTION 5:26
> ONLY NINETEEN 4:44
> LIFE AFTER LIFE 5:26
> THIRSTY 10:51
> BANANAS AND BLOW 3:57
> ECHO 3:52
> MAN WHO LOVES YOU 6:15
> HUNKY DORY (With Favorite Things Riff by Brian Sheehan) 6:20
> THAT'S ALRIGHT MAMA 4:00
>
> 11:29 (50:48)
>
> 12:33
>
> *SOUVENIRS
> DRAGONSLAYER 3:27
> WALK OUT IN THE RAIN 5:25
> RABBIT SONG>
> SURE FIRE SCHEME 7:45
> WISENHEIMER 3:47
> SOMEDAY AFTER A WHILE 7:35
> ROSE McGOWAN 4:40
> BIG JILM 6:42
> DAMN WHISKEY 6:50
> THESE ARMS 5:00
> THE OBJECT 6:35
> HEARTS THAT BLEED 9:41
> APPLAUSE16:13
> SPINAL MENONGITIS 5:30
>
> 2:08 (2:27:02)
>
> *WITH ERNIE DUGLASS
>
> Neumann KM 184>PSP2>DAP1>Toshiba Laptop
> FOB/DRC/KFC/ZFC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home