Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

Fabulous Thunderbirds Dayton 5/27/2005

Fabulous Thunderbirds Dayton 5/27/2005
>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> After 18 hours since my last show, I felt it was time for another. After a 3 hour nap due to getting in after 3:00 from DTB, I headed out of Toledo for Dayton, to begin getting organized for my trapshoot that starts in 3 1/2 weeks. It just so happens, the Fabulous Thunderbirds were in downtown Dayton for a free show at Riverscape Park. I figured, what the hell. I haven't seen these guys since they were on the bill with John Campbell and the Allman Brothers Band at the Memorial Aud in New Orleans for 1993 Jazzfest.
>
> When I arrived shortly after 5:00, It looked like a tornado hit the place. I asked what happened and I got a "where the hell were you twenty minutes ago"? I got there and the sun was shining and not a cloud in the sky. The T-Birds came on at about 8:25. The only member of the band I recognized was Kim Wilson. I ran from about 35 feet from the stage, DFC. As the set progressed, I must have attracted every drunk in the place. I even had a whistler that went non-stop for half the show! It never did rain again during the show. They played a mix of old standards and some new ones they just released. I will attempt the setlist, but there are some ?'s. They were pretty bluesy as they featured 2 guitarists with contrasting styles. The keyboards were also good. I only knew 1 person at the show out of about 5,000-6,000 people. Here is how it went down:
>
> Fabulous Thunderbirds
> Riverscape Park
> Dayton, ohio
> 5/26/2005
>
> 8:25
>
> HOPE AND PRAY 5:05
> THE ONE I LOVE 6:10
> I'M YOUR POSTMAN BABY> 6:15
> TWO TIME FOOL 3:10
> MY BABY'S TOUGH> 5:54
> I'VE BEEN SHOT DOWN 3:17
> LET'S ROCK THIS PLACE TONIGHT> 6:49
> GOT TO GET OUT OF IT, WHAT I GOT INTO IT 7:42
> ? 6:05
> YOU AIN'T NOTHING BUT A FIND 2:25
> HIGHWAY BACK HOME 4:20
> YOU KEEP ON KNOCKIN' BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN 3:05
> ROCKIN' ME BABY 4:25
> ? 3:35
> WRAP IT UP 4:00
> MY BABE 7:13
> INSTRUMENTAL (WITH 7 MINUTE HARMONICA SOLO) 13:20
> TOUGH ENOUGH 7:35
>
> 10:10
>
> 10:12
>
> ? > 8:55
> DOWN ON THE BOTTOM
>
> 10:27
>
> SONIC STUDIOS>D8 48K
>
> HELP: I am looking for any live recordings of a band called Grinderswitch from like 1974-1980. They were a very tight Southern Rock band from Warner Robbins, Ga. that I used to love to see. If anyone has anything on them, let me know.
>
> Late,
> Z-Man
>
>
> Sonic Studios>D8 48K
>
> Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day!
>
> Late,
> Z-Man
>
> A little boy comes down to breakfast. Since they live on a farm, his
> mother asks if he had done his chores. "Not yet," said the little boy.
> His mother tells him no breakfast until he does his chores. Well, he's
> a little irritated so he goes to feed the chicken and he kicks a chicken.
> He goes to feed the cows, and he kicks a cow. He goes to feed the
> pigs and he kicks a pig.
>
> He goes back in for breakfast and his mother gives him a bowl of dry
> cereal. How come I don't get any eggs and bacon? Why don't I have
> any milk in my cereal?" he asks. Well," his mother says, "I saw you kick a chicken, so you don't get any
> eggs for a week. I saw you kick the pig, so you don't get any bacon for
> a week either. I also saw you kick the cow, so for a week you aren't
> getting any milk either."
>
> Just then his father comes down for breakfast and kicks the cat halfway
> across the kitchen. The little boy looks up at his mother with a smile and
> says, "Are you going to tell him, or should I?"
>
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home