Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

moe Ann Arbor 2/1/2006

>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> I guess I did not get enough of moe on Sunday night, so, for the 2nd night in a row, I'm gonna find my way up North, and find out what I'm worth.... When I arrived under the flashing Marquis, there was Rob Robar with a ticket for me. Great to finally see him at a show! Lots of the usual suspects at the show as well. I hooked up with Gary and we went inside the theatre. . At first, a geeked up security crewmember told us right off, here is the only taping section. It was the back right handicap area. I said whatever and off he went(hopefully to ingest some Rytalin). As the crowd started to filter in, we set up in the center section of row H. All the other tapers set up in the middle as well. Later, we were told head height. Gary is about 6'5', so we had a nice head start.
>
> I love the Michigan Theatre and have seen many great shows over my years of travel in the midwest. The sound is always good and the sightlines are very good. Most ushers are volunteers which allows for a "very good time". The only problem with the MT, is there is an 11:00 curfew. If the band starts late, you lose music that won't be made up. The boys took the stage and got rolling at about 10:50. A Stranger than Fiction opener. I enjoyed the Lost Along the Way, as Al took us out there rocking the house. A CIA>Bear Song closed the well played set that ran almost 70 minutes.
>
> I was heading to relieve myself at the break when I heard my name called. I looked over, and there was Tom and Christina! What a great surprise! It was the first time I have seen Tom since his surgery. He looked very good and is feeling like a new man. It is ironic, but his last show was the Kimock show we met at in Ferndale, and here we meet at his first show since! Welcome back to the Game Tom. It was great to hang with Jose (man of 1000 photos), Damian(for the third night in a row), Rob, Jeff, Brian, Gary, Tony, Matt, Betsy(who I met at last year's moe show here), and all. Another surprise was seeing Brando! He is back with a new band. I did not see if Lloyd Carr was in the house! Maybe he should take more chances on the grid iron, as moe does on the stage!
>
> The second set opened with the old familiar notes of Brent Black. This one stretched out nicely and up next was Time Ed. They only played the end part, seemed strange at the time. A surprise for me was the Paranoid Android, I believe it was my first. Does this not get in the rotation often or do I just miss it when it is played? Then some classic moe with a Seat of My Pants>Rec. Chem that swallowed up over 40 minutes! I did catch the "Broadway" riffs during Seat of My Pants. Al miandered off the stage and into the crowd where he handed his guitar to a face in the crowd. The dude ripped a few leads. His name was I believe, Justin Rundy? Was he a plant, who knows? For the encore we got back to Time Ed, the beginning and middle, then into a percussion jam where Rob layed down as he was playin' his bass. All adjusted his mic down to the ground level where the jam lead back into Brent Black. A very nice finish as they completed the cycle started from the opening of the 2nd set.
>
> All in all, a very tight show again. Here is how it went down:
>
> moe.
> Michigan Theatre
> Ann Arbor, Michigan
> 2/1/2006
>
> 7:50
>
> STRANGER THAN FICTION 13:57
> AKIMBO 7:10
> LOST ALONG THE WAY 8:57
> KYLE'S SONG> 9:20
> JAM> 10:32
> CalifornIA> 12:30
> BEAR SONG 8:15
>
> 8:59
>
> 9:26
>
> BRENT BLACK> 18:55
> TIME ED(end only)>
> NOT COMING DOWN>
> WORMWOOD 9:58
> MINI PERCUSSION (everyone)> :54
> PARANOID ANDROID> 7:30
> *SEAT OF MY PANTS> 21:35
> RECREATIONAL CHEMISTRY 22:20
>
> 10:46
>
> 10:50
>
> TIME ED(beginning and middle parts)> 7:39
> DRUM SOLO> 1:16
> JAM> 3:20
> BRENT BLACK
>
> 11:04
>
> *With Justin Rundy?
>
> Schoeps CMXY 4V's>Sound Devices 722
> FOB/DFC/KFC/ZFC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home