Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Monday, January 30, 2006

moe. Cleveland 1/29/2006

moe. Cleveland 1/29/2006
>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> My annual budget meetings were moved till Friday afternoon at the beginning of the week. That blew my trip to Indy on Thursday after work for the two moe. shows. Worked from 4:00 am til 8 pm Saturday, so no Cincy show. I was planning on the Cleveland show anyway, so, 1 is better than none! If I wasn't sure I was at a moe show, that feeling was reassured when I saw tapers KC and John M! Nice turnout of our taping buddies. Always good to hang with Jesse, Alex, Jacques a Row, James, John, KC, and a new acquaintance, Gary! Erik hung up front with us most of the show. We set up FOB aright of center due to not blocking anyone in the soundboard. For a Sunday night, it was a very good crowd. Steve on sound has always done a very consistant job, and tonight was no different. The lights were also vey good.
>
> Just after 8:15, the screen was lifted and there were the boys on stage. The show opened up a bit on the mellow side. A nice Crab Eyes opener. We got a nice Run for Your Life jam>Water. Some very nice segues throughout the 1st set. The Spaz Medicine>Mexico set closer was awesome. I don't care how many times I have seen Mexico, it SMOKES! We had a bit of a scare as a young kid that I watched smoke a fatty, passed out and was falling towards the rigs. I caught him with my left leg and spared the gear.
>
> After a short break, the boys came back for a very strong set. A mellow jam turned into The Pit. A long rendition of Kids and also a long Dr. Graffenberg. The Buster>Cornflake Girl was very sweet. I believe the latter was written by Tori Amos. At first I thought the She encore was a weak way to end the show. Five minutes later, once the killer jam developed, I lost that thought! All in All, a great show, with some great company!
>
> There were several moments with Chuck and Al playing some duo leads that were quite Allmanesque! The pre-jam intro to Mexico was similar to Ramblin' Man.
>
> HERE'S A GOOD ONE: I spoke to Nate last night on my drive to the show. He was taking the Schoeps to run the Poppa Grows Funk show. I get a call at 3:00 am as I pull back into Toledo. He had the mics and V3, but no medium to run it into to. He gets the Jeff Frank taping award for January 2006!
>
> Also, congratulations as I hear some great news that Allegra and Scott will be getting married! Way to go girl!!!
>
> Here is how it went down:
>
> moe.
> House of Blues
> Cleveland, Ohio
> 1/29/2006
>
> 8:19
>
> CRAB EYES 8:14
> WHERE DOES THE TIME GO> 11:24
> RUN LIKE HELL JAM> 2:18
> WATER 9:04
> BLUE JEANS AND PIZZA> 3:38
> JAZZWANK> 9:14
> SPAZ MEDICINE> 5:40
> JAM> 11:14
> MEXICO 15:09
>
> 9:34
>
> 10:06
>
> JAM> 3:29
> THE PIT> 11:16
> KIDS 18:58
> DR. GRAFFENBERG> 19:27
> BUSTER> 17:00
> CORNFLAKE GIRL> 10:47
> BLUE JEANS AND PIZZA 5:36
>
> 11:32
>
> 11:36
>
> SHE 15:12
>
> 11:50
>
> Shoeps MK4V>Sound Devices 722
> FOB/DFRC/KFC/ZFC!
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home