Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Bruce Springsteen Cleveland 5-15-5005

Bruce Springsteen Cleveland 5-15-5005
>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> Well, I wish I was home yesterday so I could have been at the Fox Brothers for the BBQ. I am sure the people, food, drink, and music were all top shelf. I received text messages from Dr. Chork in Colorado on the progress of his BBQ, sounded great as well! Someone give me a report on the JJJ show at the Fox's when you get a chance. How was Brut? Seeing as I was in Cleveland working yesterday, I saw "The Boss", and I don't mean George Steinbrenner, was in town. I know Eric left Louisville to see Bruce in Denver, never did get his review. The show here sold out in 3 minutes back in March! I figured it would be worth a shot after work on Sunday, plus I hadn't seen a show in seven days and Nate might give me hell. Craig saw the show the night before and enjoyed it. I left work, got up to Cleveland State, and found a free spot at a meter 3 blocks away on the "hood" end of the area at 7:10. I walked over to the arena with my finger thrust in the air looking for a ducat. In 45 seconds, I was asked how much I wanted one for by some guy with an extra. I told him $40.00 and he wanted more. I told him thanks anyway. He called to me and said okay. The lines were getting long to get inside, so I rearranged my gear and had to cut the line.
>
> Getting in was no problem, no metal detectors or patdowns! Thanks for the good tip Terry! I got in at 7:25 for the 7:30 show. I went into the men's room, got wired and hit my seat, a great seat the 2nd section from stage right only 10 rows up, in front of the stage's corner speakers. Bruce came on shortly after 8:00. The crowd went nuts when he appeared. But a funny thing happened, the crowd was very quiet during the songs, very respectful and well behaved. The show was solo acoustic, so this worked out great! Of course he played all the new cd with a sprinkling of some older classics. My best two moments were Racing in the Street and Incident. He played acoustic guitar, acoustic 12 string guitar, Harmonica, Piano, Organ, and for my first time, the banjo for the first encore, I'm on fire. The show was a real treat. I was so impressed with the piano on the songs. I guess he wrote most of his music since he started and Professor Roy plays what he writes. The Promised Land was super slow and deliberate. The Reason to Believe had a voice reverberator that made him sound like an old Delta Bluesman, very nice touch.
>
> If you have an opportunity to see one show of the tour, definately go. He has always been one of my favorites since I first heard him in 1974. Here is how it went down:
>
> Bruce Springsteen
> Wolstein Center
> Cleveland, Ohio
> 5/15/2005
>
> 8:07
>
> MY BEAUTIFUL REWARD 5:39
> REASON TO BELIEVE 5:33
> DEVILS & DUST 5:18
> YOUNGSTOWN 4:56
> LONESOME DAY 3:34
> BLACK COWBOYS 5:52
> INCIDENT ON 57TH STREET> 10:05
> STOLEN CAR 4:19
> PART MAN PART MONKEY 6:34
> MARIA'S BED 5:19
> THE LINE 6:10
> RENO 4:56
> WRECK ON THE HIGHWAY 3:51
> RACING IN THE STREET 6:30
> THE RISING 5:01
> FURTHER ON UP THE ROAD 4:34
> JESUS WAS AN ONLY SON 7:00
> LEAH 5:51
> THE HITTER 6:38
> MATAMOROS BANKS 7:02
>
> 10:01 (1:54:45)
>
> 10:02
>
> I'M ON FIRE 2:51
> LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS 7:05
> THE PROMISED LAND 6:52
>
> 10:19
>
> 10:21
>
> DREAM 6:44
>
> 10:26 (2:19:44)
>
> Sonic Studios>D8 48K
> Section 106, Row H, Seat 3
>
> I heard this was the soundcheck:
>
> AIN'T GOT YOU
> STOLEN CAR
> ONE STEP UP
> ACROSS THE BORDER
>
> Congrats to Kenny and Laura, sometime next June!
>
> Late,
> Z-Man
>
> Also on this date, one of my favorite shows on tape from 5/15/2005(A Betty Cantor Board no less):
>
> 05-15-70a Fillmore East, New York, N.Y. (Fri)
> Acoustic: Don't Ease, I Know You Rider, The Rub, FOTD, Long Black Limousine, Candyman, Cumberland, New Speedway, Cold Jordan
> Electric: Casey Jones, Easy Wind, Attics, St. Stephen> Cryptical> Drums> Other One> Cryptical> Cosmic Charlie E: Minglewood
>
> 05-15-70b Fillmore East, New York, N.Y. (Fri)
> Acoustic: Ballad Of Casey Jones, Silver Threads, Black Peter, FOTD, Uncle John, Candyman, She's Mine, Katie Mae, I Hear A Voice Callin*
> Electric: China Cat> I Know You Rider, Cumberland, Hard To Handle, BIODTL, Morning Dew, Good Lovin, Dire Wolf, Next Time, Dark Star> St. Stephen> NFA> Lovelight E: Cold Jordan*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home