Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Charlie Daniels Band Toledo 7-29-2005

>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> After a full day of work, and not being able to be in Charlotte with the freaks FOB, I decided to check out Charlie Daniels right here in Toledo, at the Harley Davidson parking lot. The last time I saw Charlie was a 3 or 4 years back at Chastain Park in Atlanta for the Volunteer Jam. Dickey Betts was also on that bill. One of the first times I saw the CDB was at the Auditorium Theatre in Rochester, N.Y. We went to see the opening band, LOWELL GEORGE and LITTLE FEAT! It was 45 minutes of awesome tunes! Mark and Eli, do you recall? The lot was huge and they had a large stage. I would guess there were about 3,000 people in attendance, about 75% were bikers. It was a cool scene except the only beer was MGD or Miller Lite, yeech! Charlie came right on at 9:00. I am quite sure the show is basically the same every night. He did several of his standard hits, along with a few new ones. I was actually hoping to see Ballad of Uneasy Rider. Charlie is getting up there in age probably close to 70, full huge white beard. He can still sing and play both guitar and fiddle. Most of his band has been with him for several years. He introduced a different member 3 times and let them play their own song as he stepped off the stage for a break. I enjiyed the Long Haired Country Boy. The OBS was very entertaining as well with some nice fiddle vs. guitar dueling.
>
> Everyone was primed for the encore, The South's Gonna Do It. The first line of the song is a mention of one of my all time favorite bands, Grinderswitch! I am still hunting for any live Grinderswitch, please let me know if you have any. Charlie is a very patriotic man as he made many references to our great country during the show. I was definately not the oldest in attendance tonight! Lots of drunk and chatty people up front where I was. Couldn't get away from it. This combined with some wind may find this recording in the circular file. Not sure of all the titles, but I'll do my best. Here is how it went down:
>
> Charlie Daniels Band
> Toledo Harley Davidson
> Toledo, Ohio
> 7/29/2005
>
> 9:00
>
> DRINKIN' MY BABY AWAY 3:45
> EL TOREADOR 5:18
> GHOST OF LUCIOUS CLAY 4:45
> *TV VOODOO 4:15
> GENTLEMEN START YOUR ENGINES 4:15
> PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE>IN AMERICA 3:25
> *OPPOSITES ATTRACT 4:50
> INSTRUMENTAL ?> 5:20
> DRUM SOLO> 3:47
> INSTRUMENTAL ? 1:25
> SIMPLE MAN 3:25
> LONG HAIRED COUNTRY BOY 4:35
> PREACHIN', PRAYIN', SINGIN'> 1:52
> PART OF MY HEART 5:00
> BAND INTODUCTIONS 2:28
> *WILLIAM TELL OVERTURE> 3:13
> THE SOUTH'S GONNA DO IT> 3:56
> #ORANGE BLOSSOM SPECIAL 9:30
>
> 10:16 (1:16:04)
>
> 10:17
>
> STAR SPANGLED BANNER 1:40
> THE DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA 4:25
>
> 10:22 (1:22:05)
>
> *Without Charlie Daniels
> #with Mary had a Little Lamb and Tequilla Teases
>
>
> Here is a link to a great article on our good friend Sam Holt and Outformation. Check it out!
>
> http://www.jambase.com/headsup.asp?storyID=6995&disp=all
>
> Today's featured humor:
>
> New "Out of Office Assistant" Messages
>
>
> 1: I am currently out at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail
> to get the position. Be prepared for my mood.
>
>
> 2: You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the
> office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn't have received anything at
> all.
>
>
> 3: Sorry to have missed you but I am at the doctors having my brain
> removed so that I may be promoted to management
>
>
> 4: I will be unable to delete all the unread, worthless emails you send
> me until I return from vacation on 4/18. Please be patient and your mail
> will be deleted in the order it was received.
>
> 5: Thank you for your email. Your credit card has been charged 5.99 for
> the first ten words and $1.99 for each additional word in Your message.
>
>
> 6: The e-mail server is unable to verify your server connection and is
> unable to deliver this message. Please restart your computer and try
> sending again.'(The beauty of this is that when you return, you can see
> how many in-duh-viduals did this over and over).
>
>
> 7: Thank you for your message, which has been added to a queueing
> system. You are currently in 352nd place, and can expect to receive a
> reply in approximately 19 weeks.
>
>
> 8: Hi. I'm thinking about what you've just sent me. Please wait by your
> PC for my response.
>
>
> 9: Hi! I'm busy negotiating the salary for my new job. Don't bother to
> leave me any messages.
>
> 10: I've run away to join a different circus.
>
>
> AND, FINALLY :
>
>
> 11: I will be out of the office for the next 2 weeks for medical
> reasons. When I return, please refer to me as 'Loretta' instead of
> 'Steve'.
>
> Late,
> Z-Man
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home