Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Nine Inch Nails Toledo 2/21/2006

Nine Inch Nails Toledo 2/21/2006
>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> How do I start this? Was it a bad dream? After catering down in Findlay since early am, I came back to Toledo to stop by the Corporate Office. By then it was almost 5:00. I headed down to the Sports Arena, our venue that we own as well as the hockey team, as well as operate the concessions. We were expecting about 5,500 - 6,000 freaks for the Nine Inch Nails show. I met my boss and we helped our manager with finishing touches. We were expecting to sell a ton of beer. During the opener, we moved and changed lots of kegs! My boss and I enjoyed watching the FREAK show. Lots of guys in black skirts, spiked hair, pierced body parts galore, women scantily clad, fishnets, etc. I never saw so much black lipstick! Near the end of intermission, I was debating whether to run the show. I said to myself, WHY? Why does a person climb a mountain, because it is there. You probably figured out where this is going.
>
> I slipped out the back door to my Jeep to grab my RadioSchoeps. Back inside, wire up, and pick a seat. The sound in there always sucks! The lights go out, earplugs in, and I'm rollin'. After 1 song, I said to myself, WHY? After 3-4 songs, I figure I will make it to the Encore, if I can hang on, and slip out. If you've ever been here, there is one way in, and one way out of the lot, and I was not getting trapped for an encore. Too high a price to pay. This all backfired after 1 hour and 39 minutes. Lights ON, and NO encore. Ouch. Add insult to injury.
>
> Well they came on at about 8:38. I guessed on the titles of the songs. I must admit, I did not recognize one song! The last time I saw them was August 1994 when we worked Woodstock. They are very hard. Very little jamming, no solos, etc. That was yesterday, today is a new day. BTW, that was my last NIN concert!
>
> Here is how it went down:
>
> Nine Inch Nails
> Toldeo Sports Arena
> Toledo, Ohio
> 2/21/2006
>
> 8:38
>
> ? 3:50
> GET BACK TO WHERE YOU BELONG 3:22
> GRAB A LINE 4:59
> ? 3:54
> DOESN'T IT MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER 4:07
> YOU MAKE IT ALL GO AWAY> 6:13
> THIS IS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE 7:40
> HELP ME GET AWAY FROM MYSELF 4:11
> ? 4:52
> ? 5:08
> ? 4:33
> FIND YOURSELF AFRAID TO SEE> 5:11
> ?> 4:43
> ?> 4:33
> ? REPRISE 1:19
> ? 3:54
> WHEN IT'S ONLY ME 4:31
> ?> 5:20
> ? 3:45
> YOU CAN'T TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME 5:35
>
> 10:17
>
> RADIOSCHOEPS 33-3028>D8
> BOB/DFC/KFC/ZFC
> SECTION 13, ROW 2, SEAT 18
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home