Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Tea Leaf Green Cleveland 2/3/2006

>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> As if three nights in a row in Ann Arbor wasn't enough......I made plans with Focker to pick him up at the Cleveland Airport around 6:00. I left work a bit early 4:00 and drove through a cold rain in Toledo over to Cleveland. I hadn't spent any quality time with Focker in over a year and a half! Now, I was about to spend 10 hours with the man! We headed up to the Holiday Inn downtown. After hangin' out and burning a few cds, we took Steve with us and headed over to the Grog Shop in Cleveland Heights. Yes, I found a very nice section in Cleveland! This was my first visit to the Grog Shop in all my years seeing shows in Cleveland. I was hoping to make it a memorable occassion. With Tea Leaf Green, AND Focker, it had the makings of just that.
>
> We arrived as the doors were about to open at 10:15. Always good to see familiar faces when you are on the road. Some of the usual taping suspects were in the house, Steve, Andy, Franklin, and Focker. It was a nice treat running into Chopper as well! The place filled up in a hurry. We set up in the sweet spot, FOB/DFC/KFC/ZFC, about 12' from the front of the stage. We hung out with Josh, Steve, and Todd as the Mod Quad took the stage. As I always say, record for the moment and I ran for the opener. They played a jammin' set of original tunes that lasted about 37 minutes. I met their drummer, Big Stu at the beginning of the TLG set. He helped me with the setlist and I will hook him up with the recording. They are a local band in the Cleveland area.
>
> The boys took the stage at about 11:48, only a 27 minute stage switch including a soundcheck on the fly. Great job Steve and Todd! I enjoyed several parts of the 1 hour and 47 minute set. The Ride Together Sandwich>No Friends in Arizona, The Incandescent Devil, still my favorite In The Garden Part III, and Dragon Fly were my highlights. Steve had the sound where it needed to be. The atmosphere was "relaxed", so partying was abundant. They came up for a double encore of I've been Seeking and One Reason. If I had to pick the one song that was not quite there, it was the first encore. After that long set, I was looking for a different tempo. The crowd would not let TLG quit after the encore, so, why not bust out a 12 minute Sex in the 70's! Right on.
>
>
> As much as I enjoyed the Ann Arbor show on Tuesday, this show ripped! From the opener till the set closer, they grabbed the crowd and held them hostage. There was no let up during the set! Franklin asked me if I enjoyed the set. I told him "if I didn't enjoy that set, get a couple of shovels and bury me now"! After the show, we hung with the boys and paid our respects. For Focker, the prospect of watching High School Hoops in Chicago tomorrow with Jeff Frank lead to, we need to get ripped tonight, and worry about Saturday with Jeff tomorrow! I left Focker at a house party close to 4:00 a.m. I headed downtown to pick up my laptop and then drive back to Toledo as I had to work Saturday. In at around 7:45 a.m. for a 2 1/2 hour nap(Couldn't have been asleep for more than three hours, time to go to work again!), and on to work. Five shows in 6 nights, going to work the next day each time, I'm ready for some R & R!
>
> Here is how it went down:
>
> Mod Quad
> The Grog Shop
> Cleveland, Ohio
> 2/3/2006
>
> 10:44
>
> NO QUARTERS 7:35
> TRAVELER 9:27
> *GRAND PLACE 7:32
> *QUADRANGLE
> ORANGE WALK
>
> 11:21
>
> *Upright Bass
>
> Schoeps 621>Sound Devices 722 24-96
> FOB/DFC/KFC/ZFC
>
> Tea Leaf Green
> The Grog Shop
> Cleveland, Ohio
> 2/3/2006
>
> 10:48
>
> FRANZ HANZERBEAK10:35
> TAUGHT TO BE PROUD> 6:42
> CRIMINAL INTENT> 7:18
> MORNING SUN 6:46
> RIDE TOGETHER> 4:00
> HARD TRAVELER> 3:29
> RIDE TOGETHER> 1:24
> GOT NO FRIENDS IN ARIZONA> 3:47
> ASPHALT FUNK(WITH WOLFMAN TEASE) 10:37
> FREEDOM 8:08
> THESE TWO CHAIRS> 4:32
> INCANDESCENT DEVIL 5:42
> GEORGIE P(WITH DRUM/BASS SOLO)> 7:56
> DRAGONFLY> 4:55
> RAPTURE> 4:55
> IN THE GARDEN PART III 5:10
> DEATH CAKE> 2:58
> CAN YOU GUESS IT 8:05
>
> 11:35
>
> 11:37
>
> I'VE BEEN SEEKING 5:21
> ONE REASON 5:50
>
> 11:48
>
> 11:49
>
> SEX IN THE 70'S 11:30
>
> 2:01
>
> Schoeps 621>Sound Devices 722 24-96
> FOB/DFC/KFC/ZFC
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home