Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Outformation Raleigh 4/21/2006 Late Night

Outformation Raleigh 4/21/2006 Late Night
>
> Hey Y'all,
>
> At the end of the Panic show, we all hurried to break down and make our way to the Pour House to see Sam and the boys. Jim and I were in the VIP parking, and were out in minutes! We arrived at the Pour House, parked in front directly accross the street from the front door, and wandered in. The first person I run into, Brother Lee! We even beat Sam there! Jack, was the house sound guy and hooked me up with a matrix from the board as Jim set up the large diaphram Neumann. I ran the soundcheck as nobody was in the house yet. Always a pleasure to see Eli, as he kicks ass on running the Out411 sound! Go Home Team! When C. Fox and company got there, we all got set up. Before long, the place was filling up. I joined Sam, Bird Dog, Lee, Grady, and others for a quick trip upstairs prior to the show. I was chatting with Sam and we talked about how Warren covered the Lonesome, Ornery, and Mean at the Valentines Day Mule we hung at in Athens a few years back. It was right after Waylon had passed away.
>
> When they took the stage after 12:15, it was a packed house. Most everyone had arrived from the Panic show. Lee Haraway from the Sun Dogs sat in on Pedal Steel for several numbers including the first 2. Bird Dog made it sound like a thunderstorm during Dark Severinson, awesome effects! My favorite still, is of course, the Center Stage. I remember in Macon getting Sam to play a few chords of it at the Panic soundcheck last fall. I love the coupling with Tennessee Before Daylight tonight. I also grooved to the Panic>Marshall Tucker (Burned Faceless>Long Hard Ride)! He made mention of Mikey prior to the start of it. Another one that sounds great is the Midnight Promises. The Stone in my Shoe stretched out to over 12 minutes. Not only was the place packed, it was ENERGIZED! You would never know that everyone had just come from a Panic show. A very nice 2 hour and 10 minute set. After the show, it was over to Stacy and Tim's to listen to the goods on a home stereo. We stayed for about an hour or so, then made our way to Tim's Condo. The next day was Stacey and Tim's 2nd annual Ribs and Whiskey Party. At about 5:30 am, I decided I better start the baked beans as I did not think our hosts had that on their list to do. Odd, but I was not ready to sleep yet, hmmmm.
>
> Here is how it went down:
>
> Outformation
> The Pour House
> Raleigh, North Carolina
> 4/21/2006
>
> 11:55 Soundcheck
>
> Unwound
>
> 12:00
>
> 12:17
>
> *Camper> 3:19
> *Can't Change the Past 5:03
> Titles> 9:18
> Lonesome, Ornery, and Mean 3:38
> Time Stands Still 6:12
> Dark Severinson> 6:17
> 90> 7:22
> Bout My Money> 7:49
> Drum Solo> 2:27
> Bout My Money 1:27
> *Center Stage> 11:16
> *Tennessee Before Daylight 9;04
> Edgewater 5:14
> Burned Faceless> 6:19
> Long Hard Ride 5:10
> Midnight Promises 8:25
> Stone in My Shoe 12:15
> Start It Out Again 8:01
> Valley Blue 3:50
> Sweet Louisiana 4:50
>
> 2:24
>
> *With Lee Haraway on pedal Steele.
>
> Soundboard>Sound Devices 722 24-96
>
> ***************************************************************************************************************
>
> THIS IN FROM THE AJC, CONGRATS TO THE FOX BROTHERS FOR A STRONG SHOWING IN ATLANTA!:
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home