Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Yonder Mountain String Band Columbus 2/24/2006

>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> My night was off to a rocky start. After setting up the gear, I stepped into the men's room so I could get some relief. As I am peeing in the stall, a security goon looks over the door and says "give it up". I said what! He said you are smoking weed, hand it over you are done here. As I am peeing, I kicked open the door into him, turn and show him my tool in my hand and said, "This is all I've got smoking"! I was incensed. I said why don't you smell my breath and tell me if I am smoking, I am not that stupid, or ignorant as you ASSHOLE! He said I thought it was you. I demanded an apoligy and told him to go #@$!$ yourself! I guess I was pretty upset to say the least!
>
> It was a packed house, probably oversold by at least a coup[le of hundred! It could be the last time the boys play there as they are really turnin' the corner and are outgrowing this great venue. Always fun to see Tim, Roger, Brian, Dubba, Tape Cat, and Tape Kitten. Great hangin FOB with Seth, Alex, Mike, Drew & Kelly, and Brad! Brad introduced me to a girl he knew as his Grandfather! I said father is one thing. He said he is Nate's son, that makes him my grandson! Ouch!
>
> Tim O'Brien opened and had Danny Barnes with him!. I noticed after the first song, Tim broke a mandolin string. Tim, said, " I still have 7 left to play with! It is always good seeing Tim. I was hoping he would sit in with Yonder.
>
> YMSB came on a bit after 10:00. A very solid first set I was surprised that they covered 2 Leftover Salmon tunes. Drew must have been an influence on Jeff for the New Year's shows! I always love to hear Winds of Wyoming. The Mother's Only Son was very jammed out. Lots of good leads in there.
>
> After a half hour break, the boys hit the stage with some extra help. Tim and Danny joined into the frey! The Death trick went for quite a ride as they jammed it out nicely. Tim always the Dylan fan, did a great job on Tombstone Blues. Girlfriend is Better was another of the many covers they took care of. As I recall, I can't remember seeing YMSB pull off this many covers. There wasn't a weak song in the entire 2nd set.
>
> As usual, Ben did a great job with the sound! With him at the controls, the sound is always consistant. Thanks for offering me the SBD patch. I borrowed Nate's Schoeps MK4 and decided to run FOB into the 722. It sounds boss! I began talking to Drew and Kelly about plans for tomorrow night's show. He was flying to Orlando for the JB and Friends show. Hmmmm.
>
> Here is how it went down:
>
> Tim Obrien
> Newport Music Hall
> Columbus, Ohio
> 2/24/2006
>
> 9:01
>
> CORNBREAD NATION> 4:33
> WHEN THIS WORLD COMES TO AN END 4:58
> CALIFORNIA BLUES 4:17
> LOOK DOWN THAT LONESOME ROAD 3:40
> I'M BUSTED 3:30
> ?BREAKDOWN 2:30
> TRAIN ON THE ISLAND 3:40
> THE FAMILY HISTORY 7:33
> ? 4:44
> INSTRUMENTAL (Tim and Danny only) 3:13
> ? 4:
>
> 9:48 (47:25)
>
>
>
>
> Yonder Mountain String Band
> Newport Music Hall
> Columbus, Ohio
> 2/24/2006
>
> 10:13
>
> Do The Boogie 9:20
> Think For Yourself 3:19
> Ease my Troubled Mind 3:34
> Winds Of Wyoming 5:06
> Too Late Now> 5:32
> Looking Back Over My Shoulder> 6:30
> Wildewood Drive 6:15
> Get Me Outta This City 3:45
> 100 Years From Now 3:30
> Cuckoo's Nest> 5:40
> Nothin' But Nothin' 2:22
> Mother's Only Son 12:42
>
> 11:20
>
> 11:52
>
> *#Red Bird 6:44
> *#Death Trip10:02
> *#Tombstone Blues 5:20
> *#Girlfriend Is Better> 10:02
> *#Holdin' 6:40
> Left Me In A Hole 7:12
> Finally Saw The Light 6:01
> 1/2 Moon Rising 4:40
> Only A Northern Song 8:28
> Country Boy Rock & Roll 4:05
> Ten> 9:10
> Bolton Stretch 2:30
>
> 1:12
>
> 1:14
>
> Goodbye Blue Sky 4:05
>
> 1:17
>
> *Danny Barnes on banjo & vocals
> #Tim O'Brien on fiddle & vocals
>
> Schoeps MK4>Sound Devices 722
> FOB/DRFC/KFC/ZFC
>
> And yes, I ran them as MK4's, not as MK4V's!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home