Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

One Under Toledo 3/3/2006

One Under Toledo 3/3/2006
>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> Well, a show that is actually in the same city I am in! I won't have to drive 2 hours after the show, yeah! I left the office at about 9:00 p.m. as I was trying to get caught up. I planned on meeting Tim down at the show. I got there about 10:15 and was happy to see Mickey Finn's packed already. I still have Nate's mics so I headed over to the center of the room and there was Taper Tim and Crystal getting set up. I was set up and had a great signal within a few minutes. I ran into Erin, Alex, Bradley, Ann Marie, and Tommy before the boys hit the stage.
>
> One Under took the stage a bit after 10:30 and opened with a nice combo of Trippin'>Joyful Days Ahead. After the instrumental Xibaba, they played an extended Another You, my first with this band. Ed and Cello traded some nice leads during this extended version. Next up was my favorite of this band, Mongo's Theme. It is such a catchy, bouncy tune. and always gets my attention and holds it. They ended the 82 minute set with a Double Shift>Closing Theme combo. Time to step outside in the patio for a breath of fresh air and ????. The room sounded good as Pat had it under control. Even after one of the barmaids spilled a little beer on his console. He was very worried, although no damage was done.
>
> Back to business, and the funk was flyin' for the 2nd set opener of The Good, The Bad, and the Funky. Nice hearing the Juke, Joint Jump cover. I remember Kingfish doing this one in 1976. The Tunacello was as good as always. Cello is the lead guitarist that spent many years as the guitarist for the Ohio raggae band called The Ark Band. I did catch and tape them a few times back in their day. I told him between sets that he must really enjoy being more creative with this band than he could be playing raggae. They closed out the 87 minute set with a nice Spiders. I enjoyed the Santana cover of I Ain't Got Nobody for the 2nd song of the encore. Not sure of a couple, Tim feel free to send me any corrections.
>
> This is my second time seeing them at this venue, and both times were packed! Lots of smoke all evening, and very little ventilation to help. Nice hangin' with Tim, the brothers Matt and Jeff, Kildo, and everyone mentioned above. Always great to see Johnny and his wife. BTW, congrats on your Steelers! Where was your sweatshirt? The band sounded tighter than the last show I saw 3 months ago. If they are around your area, check them out.
>
> Here is how it went down:
>
> One Under
> Mickey Finn's Pub
> Toledo, Ohio
> 3/3/2006
>
> 10:36
>
> TRIPPIN'> 7:30
> JOYFUL DAYS AHEAD 10:01
> MY DOG 6:05
> WEST COMO 8:00
> XIBABA 5:13
> ANOTHER YOU 10:47
> MONGO'S THEME 13:05
> KATIE'S EYE 9:24
> INTRO> :40
> DOUBLE SHIFT> 6:38
> CLOSING THEME(with mini percussion :48) 4:00
>
> 11:58
>
> 12:35
>
> THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE FUNKY 12:09
> ICE 9:15
> JUKE JOINT JUMP 6:25
> TUNACELLO (dedicated to Evil Eva) 8:03
> ?SCRATCH> 6:54
> JUNIPER HILLS> 11:05
> ARMAGEDDON 7:27
> THIS IS THE DAY> 5:45
> ?> 6:42
> SPIDERS 15:
>
> 2:02
>
> 2:05
>
> ?> 4:30
> I AIN'T GOT NOBODY 4:30
>
> 2:15
>
> Schoeps MK4'S> Sound Devices 722
> FOB/DFC/KFC/ZFC

15 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home