Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Ark Band Toledo 4/28/2006

Ark Band Toledo 4/28/2006
>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> A long day at work! I started at about 8:00 am and worked up at one of our accounts on the lake in Michigan. We were doing construction such as carpentry and painting all day until about 9:30. I brought my gear with me and headed down I 75 to Toledo. Got in at about 9:50. I saw an announcement for the Ark Band a few weeks back. I thought they had stopped playing as I have not seen them in at least 3-4 years. They are a ragae band out of Columbus. As I was setting up, the first person I saw was Errol, their Manager. We exchanged quick pleasantries as I was in a hurry not to miss any music. I recognized Terry their drummer whom I had met when I recorded them several years back. They had a pretty good sized crowd.
>
> They opened up with Ruby Little Thing. They jammed about 10 songs in a row including Kingston Town>Rosie, a very lively number. But once they hit Electric Avenue, everyone were on their feet. Mickey Finn's turned into 1 big dance floor! I believe the last time I saw them, they were a 5 piece band. Tonight, there were seven musicians on stage all night, as Milton Prince sat in on percussion all night. They also did a nice cover of Steve Miller's, The Joker. A very long 93 minute set that closed with Swing Your Engine, and well played.
>
> After a 38 minute break, back to work. They kicked off the set with Down Under. Some nice covers sprinkled in such as The Way You do the Things You Do, and No Woman, No Cry. This set was also big, as it clocked in at over 87 minutes. DJ Smoove added some rap at times, making them seem like rapgae. An 11:35 Follow the Leader closed out the set with a tacked on acapella Redemption Song. All I know is that we got 3 hours worth of solid music for the price of admission. Phil and Nate from Smokestack finally made it over for the end of the 2nd set. If you are in Ohio and Burning Spear or the Wailers are not on tour, check these guys out. You can't go wrong.
>
> Here is how it went down:
>
> The Ark Band
> Mickey Finn's Pub
> Toledo, Ohio
> 4/28/2006
>
> 10:01
>
> RUBY LITTLE THING 5:41
> MONTEGO BAY> 4:29
> RASTAFARI> 3:56
> PUT IT ON> 5:40
> WARRIORS> 5:10
> KINGSTON TOWN> 3:50
> ROSIE> 7:40
> I STAND STRONG> 4:57
> ELECTRIC AVENUE> 5:28
> THE JOKER> 4:58
> JUST CALL ME ANGEL OF THE MORNING 2:51
> NANI WINE 5:59
> THREE LITTLE BIRDS 3:51
> THE TIDE IS HIGH> 5:04
> RAP INTRO> 3:32
> I SHOT THE SHERIFF> 2:03
> RAP 1:23
> I WILL BE THERE 5:12
> ? 2:46
> YOUR WORLD AND MINE 4:35
> SWING YOUR ENGINE 4:10
>
> 11:34
>
> 12:12
>
> DOWN UNDER 5:23
> NA GIVE UP> 4:02
> JAM ROCK 8:12
> #? 4:02
> TELEPHONE LOVE> 8:12
> ?>
> ? 5:28
> I DON'T MIND 7:56
> THE WAY YOU DO THE THINGS YOU DO 2:38
> STAND UP> 4:36
> ? FIZZLE OUT 1:36
> ? 6:15
> PASS THE CUP 6:20
> DOWN BY THE RIVER 5:44
> NO WOMAN, NO CRY> 4:55
> FOLLOW THE LEADER 11:35
> REDEMPTION SONG
>
> 1:39
>
> * ENTIRE SHOW WITH MILTON PRINCE
> # WITH DJ SUPER G ON VOCALS
>
> Schoeps MK4'S>KC5>CMC6>Sound Devices 722 24-96
> FOB DFC KFC ZFC 20' FROM STAGE
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home