Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Bloodkin Raleigh 4/22/2006

>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> Sorry for the delay as work has kept me very busy between shows. After the second night's Widespread Panic show, we were off to the Pour House for the second night in a row. Would it be packed as it was last night for Outformation? I highjacked Melissa from stacey and Tim as she really wanted to see the Kin. With our great positional parking in the VIP lot, we were within the first 20people at the venue. The 300+ pound security guy at the door, remembered us from last night. The boys were up on stage making last minute adjustments. Jack was again at the soundboard as he is the house soundman. I looked at him and he pointed to the cables coming out of the board as if he could read my mind. Jim had to set up his Neumann's so i figured, take the patch and start rolling! They started playing as I was hooking up the board feed. I missed the first couple of minutes. Jim got going and took the digital out of my 722 from the 2nd song on.
>
> I have not seen these guys in at least a year. I have always thought that Danny and Eric wrote several great songs. I was intrigued by the fact they had an extra guitarist. He sounded good right from the start. The Red Trombone Blues was long and smokin'. Melissa and I ran into Mr. Joshua Stack right away. Our next surprise was running into Mark Brut. Our next surprise was running into Jessica and Jason. At the halfway point of the set, the place was packed to the rafters! A great turnout. I liked hearing Quarter Tank and one of my favorites from the boys, End of the Show. I believe the new guitarist is Eric Martinez, I could be wrong. He knew all the songs very adeptly and played many of the leads. After a long 90 minute set, the boys stepped off for a short, 16 minute break. The second set was very short compared to set one. The Rock Gut>Parsons hit the spot. They invited a friend, I think Anna Brodeshare was her name, up to sing harmonies on I Can't See Her Anymore. She had some pipes and added quite a bit. The encore was a cover of the Stones Happy. I did not have Jayne with us so the setlist is incomplete. A nice way to end a three night run of 5 shows! We packed up and headed back to Stacey and Tim's condos. We dropped Melissa off and visited with Chip, Sara, Proseroo (actually he was down for the count), Tim, and Stacey. We plugged into the stereo and gave everyone a taste of the Kin. Jim and I headed to Tim's so we could unwind, pack, and get ready to leave the next morning.
>
> At about 5:00 a.m., I looked at Jim and he read my mind as he fired up the grill in the back. We enjoyed a nice rib dinner complete with beans and cornbread! Always good staying where the leftovers are! As I always say, some people eat to live, but I live to eat!
>
> Here is how it went down:
>
> Bloodkin
> The Pour House
> Raleigh, North Carolina
> 4/22/2006
>
> 11:55
>
> ? 5:10
> WHO DO YOU BELONG TO 5:10
> ?> 5:38
> RED TROMBONE BLUES 7:28
> ? 5:08
> ? 5:31
> ? 2:59
> PAYIN' WHAT I OWE 7:25
> ?> 5:44
> QUARTER TANK OF GASOLINE 8:08
> ?> 5:28
> MERCY TRAIN TO BOGART> 6:16
> END OF THE SHOW> 7:50
> YOU BETTER PRAY 3:30
> LAST HORSE AND CARRIAGE 7:47
>
> 1:25
>
> 1:41
>
> ABSOLUTELY NOTHING IS HAPPENING> 4:27
> ROCK GUT> 4:07
> HENRY PARSONS DIED 7:06
> *I CAN'T SEE HER ANYMORE 8:56
> MAKES SENSE TO ME 6:50
>
> 2:12
>
> 2:14
>
> HAPPY 4:48
>
> 2:19
>
> * With Anna Brodeshare
>
> SOUNDBOARD>SOUND DEVICES 722 24-96

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home