Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Alice Cooper Toledo 7/9/2006

> Hey Y'All,
>
> Been a long weekend of work getting ready for the upcoming LPGA event. After
getting in at about 6:45 am!(that's another great story for another day), and
going to work in the heat all day, I was not sure if I was up to seeing a show.
After a bite to eat and a shower, that soon changed. Dinner was nothing special
as I picked up a pizza locally. I had Alice Cooper penciled in for about 2
weeks. My Manager from Akron is in town helping and he loves rock and roll. I
decided to entertain his love of music. We went over to the Stranahan at about
6:50. Doors were at 7:00 for the 7:30 show. I went to the box office to check
out prices and locations. I saw a guy with his young son with a couple of
extras. I inquired and saw they were awesome seats. i offered him $30.00, the
lowest of the 3 tiered pricing. He accepted, and the next thing you know, we are
in the 9th row right center! The Stranahan is low-keyed as far as pat downs.
There are no metal detectors either, so I was planning on the 722 getting in
with me. No sweat.
>
> I found out there was an opener, The Vacation, a band out of Hollywood. At
first, I was not going to record them, just save the risk for Alice. I couldn't
help myself, so they got recorded. Definitely not a keeper for me. Did not
connect with their music. I mention it because of the diverse group of folks I
post to. Many have surprised me with their show of interest in some of the more
obscure stuff I have seen.
>
> After a stage change of about 37 minutes, it was time for some theatrical rock
and roll. I have not seen Alice since the 70's. My cousin Rick and I used to
listen to their albums in the early seventies. Did get to see him in Phoenix a
couple of years when my company did the concessions for the Standard Register
Ping LPGA event. He lives by Moon VAlley CC and comes to support the tour. The
lights dimmed and Phantom of the Opera played as he made his way on stage. The
place was totally energized. Everyone was on their feet! I forgot how many hits
Alice had. I recognized most of the songs. The band featured 2 very decent
guitarists. The drummer was Eric Singer, who has toured with both Kiss and Guns
and Roses. Lots of activity on stage featuring some actors. A polished
production for sure. Alice found himself in a straight jacket during We're All
Crazy. He had his head chopped off in a guilletine. The hits kept coming, from
No More Mr. Nice Guy, to Billion Dollar Babies, to Eighteen, to Schools Out,
etc. The entire floor stood for the whole show. I was very surprised. The show
came out very well. I listened to a little bit as I got ready for work very
early this morning.
>
> Here is how it went down:
>
> The Vacation
> Stranahan Theatre
> Toledo, Ohio
> 7/10/2006
>
> 7:30
>
> I'M NO GOOD
> IT'S NEVER ENOUGH
> MAKE UP YOUR MIND BABY>
> GOT MY MOJO WORKING>
> MAKE UP YOUR MIND BABY>
> DESTITUTE PROSTITUTES>
> MARSHMELLOW GIRL
> MEAN STREETS>
> ?
> WHATCHA WAITING FOR>
> TRAMP
>
> 8:08
>
> Schoeps CCM4V'S>Sound Devices 722 9th Row!
> FOB DRFC KFC ZFC
>
>
>
> Alice Cooper
> Stranahan Theatre
> Toledo, Ohio
> 7/10/2006
>
> 8:45
>
> PHANTOM OF THE OPERA INTRO MUSIC :39
> I'M A WICKED YOUNG MAN 2:19
> NO MORE MR. NICE GUY 3:04
> DIRTY JOBS? 3:45
> BILLION DOLLAR BABY 3:30
> BABY BE MY LOVER> 3:31
> LOST IN AMERICA?> 4:10
> I'M GUILTY 3:29
> I NEVER CRIED 2:38
> WOMAN OF MASS DISTRACTION 3:44
> EIGHTEEN4:17
> NERVOUS> 2:19
> IS IT MY BODY 2:58
> GOIN' TO HELL> 3:03
> BLACK WIDOW JAM> 4:34
> DRUM SOLO> 3:23
> BE MY FRANKENSTEIN 3:21
> WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE 3:26
> ONLY WOMEN BLEED> 6:23
> WE'RE ALL CRAZY> 3:55
> ? 5:06
> SCHOOLS OUT 4:54
>
> 10:04
>
> 10:06
>
> POISON 5:10
> ? 3:07
> UNDER MY WHEELS 5:09
>
> 10:19
>
> Schoeps CCM4V'S>Sound Devices 722 9th Row!
> FOB DRFC KFC ZFC
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home