Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Ekoostik Hookah Cleveland 6/22/2006

>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> I had this one penciled in after hearing about Hookahville the end of May. The
prospect of hearing a Washboard Annie, or a Harmonic Convergence had me
interested in this show. I met Tim at the house, and we headed back to Cleveland
wih Alex for the 2nd night in a row. We went to the House of Blues to eat in the
restaurant prior to the show. The doors were open so I went in, staked out my
spot in front of the board, and set up. I ordered some Calamari with the Asian
sauce and cabbage. I sat with the our crew in the restaurant until my take out
was ready. I headed next door and began to chow down. After 2 bites, I realized
the calamari was way too salty. A manager came buy and swapped it out for some
chicken tenders and sweet potato fries. Much better.
>
> By the time Hookah took the stage, the floor was filled in nicely. Not really
overcrowded. After opening with a better man, I got a Washboard Annie, first
time hearing it in over ten years! A killer Slipjig! The Backseat>Backwoods Rose
combo was great as well. The set closed after over an hour and a half. I
miandered and talked with some friends in between sets for the 29 minute break.
The second set was nothing short of what we already heard. I got two of my
favorites, Ecstasy and Keepin' Time! Sweney killed the latter, actually breaking
a string on his guitar. After Keepin' Time, they closed with a 21 minute Freedom
Flyer. Sun Goes Down had us leaving on a high note. I waas able to chat with
Mullins and thanked him for the strong show. After mentioning I was from
Atlanta, he reminisced about that being his last show. Dan had the room sounding
great! Buddy on lights makes a great addition! Hope to see more of him. Great
hangin' with Tim, Alex, Jack, Mark and Vicky, Corinne, Bradley and Lisa, Dave,
Nate, and Phil.
>
> Time to drive back. It was nice having company this time around. no way the
drive would be a nightmare like last night when the area got 6 inches of rain in
about 3 hours! Back in at 3:00, time to pack as I had some travel plans for very
early Friday. I did get a 45 minute nap befoe checking out.
>
> Here is how it went down:
>
> Ekoostik Hookah
> House of Blues
> Cleveland, Ohio
> 6/22/2006
>
> 8:34
>
> A BETTER MAN 10:10
> WASHBOARD ANNIE> 7:33
> SLIPJIG THROUGH THE POPPY FIELDS 15:36
> LAZY RIVER 8:05
> HARMONIC CONVERGENCE 6:52
> OLD TRAIN? 6:30
> RIVER MAN 9:05
> BACKSEAT> 13:27
> BACKWOODS ROSE 9:30
> RALLEN RAIN 7:18
>
> 10:08
>
> 10:37
>
> ECSTASY 13:15
> VIPOR 19:43
> CARIBBOU 7:03
> SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME> 7:18
> KEEPIN' TIME 10:55
> FREEDOM FLYER 21:15
>
> 11:53
>
> 11:56
>
> SUN GOES DOWN 10:25
>
> 12:06
>
> Schoeps CCm4V'S>Sound Devices 722 24-96
> FOB DFC KFC ZFC 24' FROM STAGE!
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home