Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Allman Brothers Band Cincinnati 6/16/2006

>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> Mucho delay on this one! I had thought about driving to Cincinnati, about 4
hours south of Toledo. I just was not up for driving back at least 3 hours after
the show, especailly after getting in so late from last night's show. And the
thought of getting up after a 2 hour nap to work a special event at ny account
in Findlay from 6:00 am, until 5:00 p.m., then driving to Michigan to help
finish a wedding reception that we booked, weighed heavily against the insanity.
My partner in crime, Tim, decided to join me so my decision was now much easier.
I somehow could now justify this crazy trip. I had been talking to Jeff and Pete
which did not help me make a rational decision. It was the day after Jeff's
birthday and I needed to be there to wish him a Happy Birthday! I drove to
Findlay late morning to work with my manager getting set up for tomorrow's auto
show. At least I was 45 minutes closer to Cincinnati. only proble is Tim's truck
broke down, so now it was decision time. Being wide awake and not trying to
think of the after show horror of a drive, I took off at about 2:45.
>
> I got through the traffic around Cincinnati and arrived at about 6:15. Without
a ticket, I went to the box office. I pulled a ticket in row G, section 200,
CENTER! I pulled 3 and Jeff sold his 2 pit tickets so Pete, Jeff, and I could
hang. Good old River Bend. It was the opening night of the tour. I got to my
seats and immediately ran into Jim P. and Lee R. I got the obligatory "I thought
you weren't coming". I really was not planning on it. I headed to the middle of
the row. Jeff was reluctant, but I told him nobody was coming in early for Derek
Trucks. We set up directly behind the 13th row, DFC! I made friends with
Elizabeth the usher and it seemed we would be set for the evening. Doug, Tom,
and Chris were all taping as well. My last ABB show here was 8/2001, and I hung
with my dear, departed friend Holly. I can't help buit think of her whenever I
see a show in Cincy.
>
> Derek came on at about 7:01 and opening with a Volunteered Slavery.. A very
tight 51 minute set. Mike belted out a sweet Leavin' Trunk in the middle of the
set. Butch Trucks watched half of the set from the side of the stage.
>
> After a 39 minute stage changeover, the Brothers began their set with Done
Somebody Wrong. Warren belted out a great version of Woman Across the River. He
actually sang 4 tunes tonight, mostly blues. The 12 minute Rockin' Horse was
Stellar! Derek plays the song as well as Warren! This segued nicely into Hot
'Lanta! Always great seeing Stormy Monday! The big jam song of the night was In
Memory of Elizabeth Reed. With the drums, it was well over 30 minutes. It nicely
ended the 2 hour and 13 minute set. Back out for a One Way Out, followed by a
Z-Man out. I did not run into Pete D. until the end of the set. A good start for
the summer tour. Slim did his usual great job on sound. He is one of the best ,
day in and day out, whether it is the ABB, or Mule!
>
> I made numerous coffee stops, as well as a White Castle stop for "sliders",
ouch! Got in around 3:00 am, enough time for a 2 hour nap before a very long
work day.
>
> Here is how it went down:
>
> Derek Trucks Band
> Riverbend Music Center
> Cincinnati, Ohio
> 6/16/2006
>
> 7:01
>
> Volunteered Slavery > 3:00
> I'll Find My Way > 5:34
> Crow Jane > 5:30
> Sahib Teri Bandi 2:20
> Up Above My Head 8:30
> Leavin' Trunk 5:26
> Mahjoun 5:13
> Greensleeves 9:28
> I Wish I Knew 6:
>
> 7:52
>
> Shoeps CCM4V'S>SOUND DEVICES 722 24-96
> FOB DFC KFC ZFC 13TH ROW!
>
>
>
> Allman Brothers Band
> Riverbend Music Center
> Cincinnati, Ohio
> 6/16/2006
>
> 6:35
>
> Done Somebody Wrong 6:35
> Ain't Wastin' Time No More 8:14
> Woman Across The River 8:52
> Stormy Monday 8:57
> Trouble No More 3:55
> Rockin' Horse > 12:13
> Hot 'Lanta 5:23
> The Same Thing 11:19
> Come and Go Blues 6:14
> Midnight Rider 3:16
> Good Morning Little School Girl 11:26
> Don't Keep Me Wondering 4:15
> Statesboro Blues 6:12
> In Memory of Elizabeth Reed >12:18
> Drum Solo > 18:50
> Jam > 3:45
> In Memory of Elizabeth Reed 1:15
>
> 10:44
>
> 10:48
>
> One Way Out
>
> 10:54
>
> Shoeps CCM4V'S>SOUND DEVICES 722 24-96
> FOB DFC KFC ZFC 13TH ROW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home