Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Nite Flight LaSalle, Michigan 6/10/2006

>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> After 3 days in the saddle, Zee and I headed back up to Toledo. We got up in Columbus and hit the road at about 11:00. Our first stop was Coon's Candy Company about an hour north of Columbus. Some tasty toffee candy. We did stop in Bowling Green so I could take Zee to play a few holes of Disc Golf at one of my favorite courses! It was a beautiful day! The only problem, I had to work up in Michigan on the lake. Zee was supposed to go with me, but decided to park himself at Tim's house, stay wasted for 8 hours, and watch the Deadliest Catch multiple episodes! I went to work in the afternoon.
>
> We had booked a Reggae/Calypso band called Nite Flight out of Ann Arbor. They are all from the Carribean and very cool. They had no problem with me running my gear and even offered me the board. At first I decided to take it as I was working and did not want my stuff possibly messed with. Halfway thru the first song, I could not get a strong enough signal so i set up my mics and switched mid stream, losing only about 45 seconds. I set up 2 feet in front of the stage. Where were Charles's MK2S's when I needed them! Strangely enough, the recording sounds great and I will send the band a copy as they requested. I recorded the 2 sets of music. As I was working, I could not pay attention and keep a setlist. The music was enjoyable and the guests were grooving it. The first set contained more Calypso than Reggae. We did get a nice Kingston Town, Don't Worry, Be Happy, and Stir it Up. The set only lasted just under an hour. If you know Michigan near the lake in June, you know about the millions of Mayflies! Swarms everywhere.
>
> They came out and played a second set for about an hour. No setlist at all as we were getting busy in the bar and I was helping the girls. Sorry for the incomplete info, but work came first this time. It was close to 1:00 when I headed down I-75 to Tim's. I stopped in for about 30 minutes. I was dead tired and we left. We did stop at the Cottage Inn for a large deluxe pizza. That puppy got swallowed up in a hurry as we watched, you guessed it, the Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel!
>
> I tried to give Zee a nice variety of music before his sabbatical in Alaska. In four nights he got a Dave Matthews show, 2 Mule shows, an Umphrey's McGee set, a Spikedrivers show, yet he passed on the Nite Flight show. He stayed wasted the entire four days, never had to drive any of the 850 miles, slept late each morning, etc...Not bad. We went with Tim over to the Star Diner on Alexis Sunday morning before I took him back to the Detroit airport. He went home, and I went to work the rest of the day.
>
> Here is how it went down:
>
> Nite Flight
> The Sand Bar
> LaSalle, Michigan
> 6/10/2006
>
> 9:06
>
>
>
> KINGSTON TOWN
>
> DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY
>
>
> STIR IT UP
>
> 9:59
>
> 10:45
>
> ?
> ?
> ?
> ?
> ?
> ?
> ?
> ?
> ?
> ?
>
> 12:00?
>
> Schoeps CCM4V's>Sound Devices 722
> FOB DFC KFC ZFC 2' From Stage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home