Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Jesse Colter Atlanta 6/4/2006

>
> Hey Y'All,
>
> I'm not sure if you noticed but I did not mention any eats after the Freddy Jones Band. The truth is, I was on a mission as soon as the show was over. I made up my mind to go to Smith's per Jimbo's invite last night at the Fox's BBQ. Pete was along from jump on this double header. To make things interesting, Tracy sent John home and now I was the babysitter. We walked the mile back to the car, and headed to Smith's. We got there and the doors were not yet open so we grabbed a table downstairs and started drinking brews. We were hungry and ordered some Jalepeno Poppers and Chicken Taquitos. They were gone before you knew it. After a few beers, Jimbo went upstairs with us. As I usually tape most every show I see, this was no different. Jimbo made arrangements with Jesse's permission to allow me to tape. The only downside was I had to sign a release stating I would never make copies except for the band. I abliged and set up in front of the board. It was an interesting crowd of Country fans with some money. They were mostly dressed up for the occasion.
>
> Pete and I sat by the mics and watched intently as the show began just at about 9:00. There was a couple of speeches and then the introduction. The band minus Jesse rambled through 5 songs. The I Know You Rider sung by Christopher was particularly jammin'! The Cellist/Violinist took us through a sweet medley consisting of Wabash Cannonball>workin' on the Railroad>Smoke on the Water>OBS. At that point, Jesse was introduced and the place erupted. She started us off with a version of Why You Been Gone So Long. Lookin' for Blue Eyes seemed to get the crowd going. I have never seen her before so I am not familiar with her songs. The most interesting cover of the night was Dylan's Rainy Day Women! She actually introduced the song first. She closed the abbreviated set with You Always Make the Sun Shine. no encore, just a 66 minute set.
>
> Dillon had the room dialed in. I did notice a slight buzz between a couple of songs, could have been a guitar pickup. It was a solid performance by a great bunch of musicians. Ritchie Albright was Waylon's drummer since 1963! The great Reggie Young played lead guitar. Christopher Robin added some nice rhythm and a few leads himself. Kevin on bass was also in Waylon's band for several years. not sure who the back-up singer was, but she did have a pretty voice.
>
> After the show, we stayed and partied with Jimbo and Dillon. I called home as Chris went shopping after we left for the day. Pete and I arrived home in time to turn the almost 1 pound pork chops on the grill. We prepared ourselves for the killer midnight snack! Believe it or not, Pete hit the wall shortly after eating and left me downstairs on my own. Here is how it went down:
>
> Jesse Colter
> Smith's Olde Bar
> Atlanta, Georgia
> 6/4/2006
>
> 8:54
>
> SPEECHES AND INTRODUCTION 3:12
>
> 8:58
>
> *GEORGIA PINES 3:31
> *STAY A LITTLE LONGER 4:20
> *I KNOW YOU RIDER 5:26
> *? 6:48
> *INSTRUMENTAL MEDLEY: 5:19
> *WABASH CANNONBALL>
> *WORKIN' ON THE RAILROAD>
> *SMOKE ON THE WATER>
> *ORANGE BLOSSOM SPECIAL
> WHY YOU BEEN GONE SO LONG 5:54
> IT'S IN THE MIX BABY 3:55
> LOOKING FOR BLUE EYS 2:46
> MY NAME IS JULIE, I'M NOT LISA 3:06
> ? 4:31
> OUT OF THE ASHES, THE PHOENIX RISES 5:17
> RAINY DAY WOMEN #12 AND #35 5:08
> PLEASE CARRY ME HOME 5:56
> YOU MADE THE SUN ALWAYS SHINE 4:35
>
> 10:04
>
> *Without Jesse
>
> SCHOEPS CCM4V'S>SOUND DEVICES 722
> FOB DFC KFC ZFC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home