Zman goes on tour!!!

This is a blog dedicated to the concert travels of Zman, world record holder for most concerts ever attended, most DAT tapes recorded on, most miles traveled after 1 am, etc.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Trey Anastasio Cleveland 7/19/2006

> >
> > Hey Y'All,
> >
> > After 2 days of cleaning up a golf tournament, I spent the day at 2 of my
accounts and also at the corporate office. I was thinking about going to
Cleveland for Trey after getting an email last week from Brian. I decided that I
needed a break and it was time to see some music. I left work at about 4:00,
picked up my gear, and headed east on the Ohio Turnpike. I did make a pit stop
to so i would not go hungry. I ordered 2 shrimp rolls and some Chicken with Sno
Peas, very hot! Extemely tasty, and it was gone before I hit the Fremont exit!
It was the usual 2 hour ride. I arrived at about 6:30 and the first person i see
is my taping buddy, Jesse. We walked in and went directly to FOB land. Brian was
already there holding court. I clamped on to Jesse's stand and was ready to
roll. The Duo, Marco Benevento and Joe Russo, opened up. I have seen them 3-4
times in the past couple of years. I have been out of the loop and do not check
Trey's setlists or lineups. I found out Mike Gordon and the Duo, Marco Benevento
and Joe Russo, make up Trey's band. This peaked my curiosity and was looking
forward to their set. I saw Chris K., as he was back on tour with Trey after his
stint with the Black Crowes. He mentioned not seeing me but he knows what I've
been up to.
> >
> > The Duo opened up the show just afte 7:00. They played 7 songs, the first
being Soba. No clue on the rest of their setlist, which was about 42 minutes
long.
> >
> > After a 41 minute break, Trey and company took the stage just before 8:30 to
the delight of the anxious crowd. I would estimate only about 3,000 in the house
for this General Admision show. The second song was Drifting, which got the
Phish Heads grooving. Mike sang Beltless Buckler next, kind of mellow. The Mud
City including a Billy Jean Jam stretched out over 18 minutes. I thought the
These Eyes>Get Back rocked! Very interesting choice of covers. The Duo excused
themselves, and Trey and Mike sat down acoustically for the Hendrix cover of
You've Got Me Floating. This segued nicely into Willie Nelson's On the Road
Again, and that segued into the crowd rousing Wilson. A funny thing happened
about halfway through Wilson, everyone switched to electric and finshed the
song. The final song of the set was the Who's, Who Are You, a very nice 12
minute version complete with Pete Townsend windmills! The show was better than I
expected as I went in with an open mind.
> >
> > The sound was very good, the weather was great, and as it got darker,
Kuroda's lights got better! Imagine that. Great seeing him as always. There were
8 taping rigs in the FOB section. Nice hangin' with Alex, Jesse, Brian, Ben,
Steve, Eric, Scott, Melissa, Damian, Chris, and Tyler. Where in the world was
Levi for this home show? I had plans for going to the Happy Dog to see Corinne
play after the show, but on my way, I received a call from my my General
Manager's husband. She was taken to the hospital and now, I had to be in Findlay
early the next day, so, back in the Jeep and a 2 hour ride back. Here is how it
went down:
> >
> > Trey Anastasio, Mike Gordon, Marco Benevento, and Joe Russo
> > Plain Dealer Pavilion
> > Cleveland, Ohio
> > 7/19/2006
> >
> > 8:27
> >
> > SOMETHING FOR ROCKETS 11:28
> > DRIFTING 9:38
> > THE BELTLESS BUCKLER 6:16
> > MUD CITY> 10:00
> > BILLY JEAN JAM>8:17
> > SLEEP AGAIN 6:10
> > HAPPY NAPPY> 9:35
> > THESE EYES> 5:30
> > GET BACK> 3:10
> > MR. COMPLETELY> 12:45
> > GOODBYE HEAD> 18:48
> > *YOU'VE GOT ME FLOATING> 6:50
> > *ON THE ROAD AGAIN> 2:46
> > *WILSON> 4:16
> > WILSON> 2:07
> > WHO ARE YOU 12:00
> >
> > 10:36
> >
> > 10:39
> >
> > JAM> 1:45
> > DRAGONFLY 6:28
> >
> > 10:46
> >
> > *Acoustic
> >
> > Schoeps CCM4V'>Sound Devices 722
> > FOB DFC KFC ZFC 24-48

3 Comments:

  • At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi I'd love to congratulate you for such a great made site!
    Just thought this would be a nice way to introduce myself!

    Sincerely,
    Johnie Maverick
    if you're ever bored check out my site!
    [url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/buzz-lightyear-party-supplies.html]buzz lightyear Party Supplies[/url].

     
  • At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [i]interesting website[/i]

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [b]Supreme Search Engine[/b]

    [i]A powerful new search engine on the Net! Find information and websites on the Internet. [/i]

    [url=http://www.supremesearch.net]Supreme Search Engine[/url]

    [url=http://www.supremesearch.net][img]http://www.supremesearch3000.bravehost.com/Mini.jpg[/img][/url]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home